On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 13:18:54 -0600
Steve Dibb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Marius Mauch wrote:
> > I don't mind the qt3/qt4 flags for packages that support both, but
> > could we also have a qt flag that selects the "preferred" version
> > (or for packages that only support one)? Many people simply don't
> > care about the version but also don't need support for both in
> > every package, also that makes transition easier IMHO.
> > Though that creates a problem when both the unversioned and one of
> > the versioned flags are used, not sure how to deal with that.
> >
> That gives me an idea, and if this has been suggested before, just
> ignore me -- I'm new here. :)
>
> What about having a variable in make.conf, something like
> USE_QT_VERSIONS, where you could put the preferred Qt versions that
> you'd like support built for?

That would require quite a bit of effort for a single special case,
depending how exactly you want to implement it it's likely gonna screw
up with the cache as well, so not really an option.

Marius

--
Public Key at http://www.genone.de/info/gpg-key.pub

In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.