On Wednesday 12 July 2006 13:37, Stefan Schweizer wrote:
> SpanKY complained that he cannot set a custom die message then. But this is
> not needed here, since every do* command can be clearly identified by the
> argument and the directory it will be installed to.

except for the times where the do funcs can install the same file in different
code paths

> Also as Paul suggested something like that would be possible for a custom
> die message:
>         if [[ -n "${DIE_MSG}" ]] ; then
>                 echo "!!! ${DIE_MSG}"
>         fi

ugh, ugly
DIE_MSG="failed to install root bins" dosbin fooie

dosbin fooie || die "failed to install root bins"

you tell me which is already a clean/common standard in the tree

> They are imo QA problems and should be fixed.

crazy idea, grep your /var/log/portage/ logs and file bugs
-mike