On Tuesday 31 October 2006 14:46, Steve Dibb wrote:
> That does bring up an interesting question though -- at what point do you
> just ignore the arch and move on so that development can continue?

I just ignore the arches these days. After all, they ignore me. dhcp clients
where modified to be independant of baselayout and arches had stable bugs for
these.

baselayout-1.12 then went stable even though the required dhcp clients for the
more obscure arches did not. As of right now, baselayout-1.12 is stable on
arm, but udhcpc will not work on it unless they use unstable udhcpc.

Another example - kbd-1.12-r8 has a patch to fix loading unimaps, which a user
submitted patch for console font needs. I've just filed a stable request for
it even though r7 has got an outstanding stable bug for almost 2 months.

How long should I wait before I wang a fixed consoelfont script into
baselayout that relies on this?

With all the of the above considered, imagine the irony of me filing a stable
bug for kbd-1.12-r8 and someone stabling it on sparc :P

--
Roy Marples <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Gentoo Developer (baselayout, networking)