On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 14:34:26 +0200
Michael Hanselmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 01:37:11PM +0200, Benedikt Boehm wrote:
> > due to massive code duplication in netqmail, qmail-ldap,
> > qmail-mysql, mini-qmail and other 3-rd party applications for qmail
> > i have started to move functionality into a first qmail.eclass
> > draft.
>
> I already proposed moving the prime functionality into an eclass and
> it was refused back then. qmail-mysql and qmail-ldap may get removed
> soon.

qmail-ldap will not be removed for sure, since i maintain it currently.

> And as the netqmail ebuild maintainer, I want the ebuild to be as
> simple as possible, that is, no external dependencies where possible.

so, you suggest it is a better way to duplicate tons of code in 4
ebuilds?

> > Attached is the eclass and a sample how to use it with netqmail.
>
> It seems like you aren't interested in communication with the
> maintainer, otherwise you would've CC'ed me.

appearantly, you are subscribed to gentoo-dev.

> Greets,
> Michael

On a sidenote, qmail has a huge amount of open bugs, and has generally
gotten no love in the past time, so i wonder if it actually was/is
maintained.