On Friday 13 July 2007 01:17, Marius Mauch wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 15:43:59 -0700
>
> "Chrissy Fullam" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > An additional method discussed was to have all non-dev emails on
> > a timeout, pick a number of hours, and then the email if not
> > moderated would be released. (non-dev sends his email, time period
> > expires and no one booted it, so the email rolls through)
>
> For what it's worth, _IF_ this proposal goes through I'd strongly prefer
> that mode of operation, so that moderation can't become a limiting
> factor.
>
> Marius
>
> PS: Am I the only one who missed both reminders for the meeting?
No, I missed them and the meeting as well:-(

Before I recently joined the council I was against implementing the Proctors
but now that we they apparently have been disbanded I think we're better off
with an open -dev than some form of moderation. Flamefest contributors should
be temporarily blacklisted.

We can have a -dev-announce or -dev-info for devs that don't want to wade
through all the mails here on -dev.

We still need -core for private communications and need input on -dev from
non-devs. As a very busy person I wouldn't want the extra burden of
moderating emails to -dev.

/me smacks himself for missing the meeting

--
Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen
Gentoo Linux Security Team