On 12/12/07, Mart Raudsepp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> With no slotting I can bet on GnuPG-1 going away shortly after all
> architectures have stabled GnuPG-2,

gpg-1.X series will be available as long as upstream maintain it.

> or is that not so and such users can
> mask >=GnuPG-1.9 and keep using a smaller version that perfectly fits
> their needs? If yes, why not slot it as is designed?

Slotting makes logic if there is some advantage of having both slots
installed at the same machine, as gnupg-2 does all gnupg-1 does, there
is no point in slotting, forcing users to mess with eselect in order
to resolve the dependency of other packages with gnupg.

You can always mask >=gnupg-2 if you want the 1.X series on embedded devices.

Best Regards,
Alon Bar-Lev.