Daniel Drake <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> posted [EMAIL PROTECTED],
excerpted below, on  Sat, 22 Dec 2007 17:56:12 +0000:

>> http://dev.gentoo.org/~peper/glep-0055.html
>>
>> http://dev.gentoo.org/~peper/glep-0055.txt
>
> Haven't read the previous discussion, apologies if this has been
> clarified already, but I think it would be good to answer the following
> question in the GLEP:
>
> Why (in terms of your GLEP) are you still allowing ebuilds to set EAPI
> inside the ebuild?
>
> It seems that one approach you might take is to move the EAPI selection
> into the filename and remove it from the ebuild itself, and it's not
> clear to me why your proposal isn't exactly that.

Actually, that was clarified in this new version.  Is the following (from
the Application section) sufficient?  Maybe pre-source EAPI and post-
source EAPI aren't clearly enough defined?  (Their def is in the first
paragraph under specification.)

<quote>

Note that the developers should only set the pre-source EAPI. The process
described above is only necessary to avoid undefined behaviour in corner
cases and to retain backwards compatibility.

QA tools may warn if the post-source EAPI is set at all, thus helping with
the transition to the new format.

</quote>

As I had read the first version, that leapt out at me.  Did you just miss
it or do you still believe it needs clarified further?