On Dec 31, 2007 3:30 PM, Marius Mauch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What benefit does use.xml have over use.desc?
[...]
> No need to change the format of use.desc

Anything that would enable us to document with more than a few words,
which is what we're practically limited to with the current format of
use.desc, would help. The currently available documentation on USE
flags is clearly insufficient, maybe not for you and me and other
devs, but for the majority of our users. Note that this is not the
same as optionally adding more specific documentation on a global flag
in the metadata.xml of a package.

> and get rid of the stupid separation of "local" and "global" flags

Good idea. How do you plan to cope with the (currently) local USE flag
conflicts though ?

Denis.