On Sunday 22 of March 2009 18:18:15 Ulrich Mueller wrote:
> > Please do not apply patches that have ${P} prefix in other ebuild
> > versions than ${PV}.
> > Is that hard to create a new patch with a proper name?

> And multiply number and total size of files in ${FILESDIR}?

I guess it may be possible to drop P (or replace with PN) from patch file
names, to make it more obvious which patches should apply with which package
version.

Also, I'd like Tomáš Chvátal (scarabeus) to finally propose his GLEP or just
post it for discussion here as it's related to patch files management and
provides naming scheme - it would address this issue as well as separate
upstream patches from Gentoo specific ones in FILESDIR (and good thing is it's
backward compatible and it doesn't need any EAPI revbump that would inevitably
cause pointless discussion).

--
regards
MM

10% zysku na lokacie bankowej z gwarancja BFG. Sprawdz!
http://clk.tradedoubler.com/click?p=74281&a=1586724&g=17879004