On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 9:10 PM, Roy Bamford<neddyseag...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Oh. Don't talk about 'common sense' GLEP39 does not mention it, so it
> doesn't count ... and its much rarer than you may think.

I would like to make a stand for more usage of common sense and
"wisdom" in interpretation of rules. It more often than not makes for
more sensible and useful decisions.

To this end, I advocate the following TED talk:
http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/barry_schwartz_on_our_loss_of_wisdom.html

>From Donnie's twitter status[1] from a while back, I take it he would
agree as well.

> Lastly, as a trustee and partly legally responsible for decisions made
> on behalf of Gentoo, I am uneasy with the concept of non developers
> making those decisions. Now reread my 'what if' above with that
> liability in mind.

This is an interesting point that I doubt many here would have thought of.

1. http://twitter.com/dberkholz/status/2345098446

--
~Nirbheek Chauhan