Il giorno mer, 19/01/2011 alle 22.31 -0500, Mike Frysinger ha scritto:
>  we havent
> hosted files on dev.g.o because we've felt the distfiles tree to be
> sufficient.  since there seems to be more need now, let's find out
> what infra
> can do to help out.

I'm pretty sure you have, for pax-utils and portage-utils, didn't you?

> here's a better idea: figure out something with the infra team.
> [snip]
> again, declaring policy ahead of talking to anyone else is not the way
> to go.

Actually, we meant to move to a stable archive of distfiles for years,
and Robin has been working on it for months already.

The policy, that as chithanh pointed out needs to be updated, is just
going to cause more grief by the time you want to pick up the old files
for whatever reason. Ulrich (ulm) and Christian (fauli) knows how much a
pain it becomes.

--
Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
http://blog.flameeyes.eu/