I'm curious who had the brain dead idea to retire Gentoo developers
that are still interested in the distro, that maintain low activity
packages for herds that are stretched way too thin, and are still
contributing to the distro in many ways other than direct CVS commits
(e.g. overlays, user support, providing hardware to other devs, etc).

I could MAYBE understand it if they're consuming some valuable
resource that we need to free up by retiring them. But instead they
get a nasty-gram about their impending retirement and decide if that's
how they are to be treated that they can be retired. When they finally
want to contribute again they have the lovely uphill of our dreadfully
painful recruitment process.

I'm really just trying to understand the sense in this.
--
Doug Goldstein