On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 10:21 PM, Doug Goldstein <car...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> I could MAYBE understand it if they're consuming some valuable
> resource that we need to free up by retiring them. But instead they
> get a nasty-gram about their impending retirement and decide if that's
> how they are to be treated that they can be retired.

Could anybody post the text of one of these "nasty grams?"

I can understand the sense in just checking in to make sure a
developer still is interested in Gentoo and wants to retain cvs
access.  However, I think the bar for keeping access should be kept
low - they shouldn't be forced to go find some trivial change to make
just to get their name in the logs.

Sure, sometimes real life gets busy, but if a dev still runs Gentoo
and has interest they're fairly likely to return when life settles
down.

Quantity of contribution is not nearly as important as the
contributions being net-positive.

Rich