On 13/02/2013 14:39, Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn wrote:
> I can't help but noticing that some of the recently introduced iwlwifi
> firmware packages came from Chromium OS. So there seems to be interest
> in individual packages from downstreams over the linux-firmware package.

I would suppose the problem is "they are needed before they enter
linux-firmware" — I also introduced one of the iwl firmwares for one of
my laptops (the other had it already), and I wonder if I should just
drop it now as it SHOULD be available in linux-firmware (guess I'll
check today).

--
Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
flamee...@flameeyes.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/