On Thu, 23 May 2013 23:40:42 -0600
Ryan Hill <dirtye...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Okay, so what are you using the STABLEREQ keyword for that you want
> to set it when the bug is filed but before archs are added?

The people that decided to change their way of using this keyword, did
so because setting it as early as possible helps maintainers that
forget to set it; I'm just following along this new approach.

> If you want to see only stabilization bugs you can search in the
> Keywording and Stabilization component.

Yet, they brought this keyword to live for a reason; a reason unclear
to me. Why is it unclear? Because nowadays people don't use it
consistently; some apply it early, some apply it when they CC.

> Can you suggest another way to search for stabilization bugs that
> don't yet have archs CC'd (which is something I find rather useful)?

Setting the keyword early helps here too, if everyone does so.

Otherwise you can do ...

1) a search in Keywording and Stabilization and exclude all bugs where
an arch is CC-ed, possible in the advanced search; or ...

2) obsessive summary grepping, for bugs with a wrong component set.

--
With kind regards,

Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
Gentoo Developer

E-mail address  : tom...@gentoo.org
GPG Public Key  : 6D34E57D
GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2  ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D