On Wed, 22 May 2013 19:18:41 +1000
Michael Palimaka <kensing...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> A newer version of a package is usually considered to be better in
> some way, hence it is an enhancement.

Unless it's a Blocker, of course. :)

> According to the bug-wrangler's own docs[1]: "A stabilisation request
> should be handled by the package's maintainer, so you should not CC
> arch teams in your role as bug wrangler, nor set the STABLEREQ
> keyword in the Keywords field.". There should at least be some
> consistency there before telling people what to do.

I am trying to find consensus based on reasonable argument here.

> [1]: http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/bug-wranglers/

Documentation/policy should change after discussion. I set up the b-w
project to get something of a standard going, not to "[tell] people
what to do". I have been adding STABLEREQ recently because it's
turning out to be more practical (mainly because developers keep
forgetting to add it, despite the helpful suggestion from the
robo-script).

I will change the default in the b-w doc if I find there is reasonable
consensus on the matter.

    jer