On Wed, 22 May 2013 19:18:41 +1000
Michael Palimaka <kensing...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> > Yet the base system lead went and apply it to any stabilization
> > bug; as both him and Jer (the bug wrangling lead) do it this way,
> > I'll be doing it as well. Let's not be inconsistent with our leads
> > unless there is a wide decision to do so; I expect none will come,
> > unless you really think this should become Council material.
> >
> According to the bug-wrangler's own docs[1]: "A stabilisation request
> should be handled by the package's maintainer, so you should not CC
> arch teams in your role as bug wrangler, nor set the STABLEREQ
> keyword in the Keywords field.". There should at least be some
> consistency there before telling people what to do.

Just asked the bug wranglers lead to fix that up.

> As for base system, I don't really see what bearing their actions has
> to do with anything to on bugzilla.

The keywords are theirs afaik, how their keywords are used is relevant.

> Let's not forget that the current lead has a history of doing
> whatever he wants, so I don't think the actions that come out of that
> are a good example to follow.

Sub project members behaving differently is annoying, that's why I've
asked before that the lead(s) attempt to bring some consistency in the
way that bugs are dealt with and what is expected from bug wranglers.

--
With kind regards,

Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
Gentoo Developer

E-mail address  : tom...@gentoo.org
GPG Public Key  : 6D34E57D
GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2  ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D