Am Samstag, 9. November 2013, 02:19:32 schrieb Ben de Groot:
> On 8 November 2013 08:55, Rémi Cardona <r...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > Le jeudi 07 novembre 2013 à 10:44 +0100, Alexis Ballier a écrit :
> >> in short: if a package requires version X then the ebuild should require
> >> version X; it can be forgotten but it's a bug.
> >
> > That _is_ our policy.
>
> Since this thread was deemed necessary, apparently it's not.
> Or at least not clearly stated.

It was not clear, and we should officially clarify it somewhere in the
documentation.

(I also learnt as a recruit that "versionless dependency is fine if all
versions in the portage tree fulfill it". As a consequence I have been
regularly dropping version dependencies from ebuilds for simplification if the
excluded versions were long gone from the tree.)

--
Andreas K. Huettel
Gentoo Linux developer (council, kde)