All,

just a quick update.

I now have a box set up for installing gentoo on it so I will be able to take the lead on OpenRC again.

I will have that up and running, probably tomorrow, then I also have a medical situation I have to take care of in a couple of weeks.

I will continue to be intermittently around for a few weeks, but that should all be taken care of soon.

If you want to help out, the #openrc irc channel is the place to go; that is where most things are done. You do not have to be a gentoo developer to contribute to OpenRC.

Daniel Robbins assisted me today with tweaking the bios of the box I plan to put Gentoo on so that I can boot it from a cdrom. Also he alerted me to this thread, so that is why I wanted to post this update.

He will also be becoming a co-maintainer of OpenRC, so you will see commits from him in the tree soon.

Once I am fully up and running again, I plan to open a ml for OpenRC development.

Thanks for your patience,

William