All,

I attempted to post an update a bit earlier, but I haven't seen it yet, so I thought I would try again.

Thanks to Daniel Robbins of funtoo, I am about to getGentoo installed on another box, so I will be able to take the lead on OpenRC again. He assisted me on Skype today with getting into setup on the box and setting the boot order so I can boot from a cd rom.

Also, he volunteered to work with me as a co-maintainer of OpenRC.

I should have the new box installed sometime tomorrow or Wednesday, then I will be around for a few days, then sometime on or after 18 June, I have a medical issue that I need to take care of. Once that is done, I should be back in the saddle so to speak.

You don't need to be a gentoo developer to work on OpenRC, that work is happening on the #openrc irc channel. Also, the primary OpenRC repository is http://github.com/openrc/openrc, feel free to fork that and submit pull requests. Once I am fully back up and running, I am planning on opening a mailing list for OpenRC.

Thanks for your patience,

William