On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 8:31 AM, Patrick Lauer <patr...@gentoo.org> wrote:

>> Do you want to see this fixed?
>> Are you willing to do the fixing yourself?
> I don't have infinite time, and wasting a day documenting things that
> should have been documented a year ago is not a good way of spending time.

So, it sounds like the answer to the first question is yes, and the
second is no...

>> If the answer to the first question is yes, and the second is no, then
>> you've just volunteered for the job of either community motivator, or
>> frustrated user.  The goal then is to make people care more about
>> going out of their way to fix things than going out of their way to
>> find ways to make you even more frustrated.  Which do you think is
>> going to be more emotionally satisfying to those who read this thread?
>>
> Things working.
>
> So, the trick is not to have user-visible breakage.
>
> Now you know the great trick too and can apply it to your daily life.

Yeah, but if I don't lift a finger to help fix this bug, I know it
will drive you crazy for a few more days, or even months.  That's
basically my point.  You're basically begging everybody who would
otherwise want to fix this issue to just troll you instead.  And that
isn't helpful to anybody.

You can't just wave your hands and have no user-visible breakage.  You
either need to fix things yourself or help motivate others to do it.
The approach you're taking is about as helpful as telling your
significant other that they're fat.  After they're finished stabbing
you to death with their spoon they're going to stick it in some Ben
and Jerry's.

Ugh, gotta take a break.  Happy holidays!

--
Rich