On Sun, 13 Dec 2015 19:00:45 -0800
Brian Dolbec <dol...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> But, one of the biggest things keeping me from doing more work on it
> when I do have some time, is the fact that barely any of the devs seem
> to care (other than the OP, who just seems to bitch about everything
> not working for him).  Since the GLEP 63 spec has been approved.
> Barely any of the gentoo developers have even tried to update their gpg
> key or generate a new one that does meet the spec.  For that reason, I
> have not endeavored to get more done in it.  I've been trying to
> keep the gentoo-devs seed file reasonably up to date, but since there
> are few devs actually fixing or generating new keys, it is not needed
> that often.  In fact weeks go by before there is a change in LDAP in
> regards to gpg keys.
>
> As Andrew pointed out in another reply, there is a fairly decent
> document about generating new gpg keys either directly using gpg or
> using gkeys-gen (gkeys-gen-9999) has the most troublesome bugs fixed in
> it btw).

It's a little difficult for people to generate new keys with gkeys-gen when
the version of gkeys-gen in the tree is completely and utterly broken, and has
been for almost a year now. The last time I tried to make a new key it spit
out a bunch of errors and tried to put data in $HOME/~/gkeys-user/gpghome.
Like it didn't expand the tilde, but made a directory literally named '~'.  I'm
supposed to use this for security sensitive data?  You want me to use a
potentially unstable live ebuild instead?  Well, no, that's not gonna happen.

--
Ryan Hill                        psn: dirtyepic_sk
   gcc-porting/toolchain/wxwidgets @ gentoo.org

47C3 6D62 4864 0E49 8E9E  7F92 ED38 BD49 957A 8463