Patrick,

Patrick Lauer wrote:
> Like seriously, every time I try to approach this set of problems I
> run into enough stupidity

Stop the silly complaining and help work on solving the problem instead.

If you can contribute then do so. If not, your options are to hire
someone who is, or await the day when a fix to your problem magically
appears. :) It really is that simple.

You mentioned that you use Gentoo professionally. This means that you
have already invested in Gentoo and have probably planned to
contribute to Gentoo. It seems that you have come across an
area where you could contribute.

If you choose not to that's perfectly fine, but since there is no
warranty you really do not get to complain that it's broken if you're
not helping fix it, and the tone you are using is certainly not
acceptable.

> why do we have documentation then when it's not adequate

Because you haven't helped make it adequate for your needs.

> why do we have a helper tool when it doesn't work?

Because you haven't helped make it work the way you need.

> ... and now I walk away for another week, in the hope that things
> maybe are saner then.

In my opinion that is the very last thing you should be doing.

Open source only works when you take ownership of the problems you have.

You are on the contrary saying that you refuse to own your problems,
that you only want to consume perfect solutions that someone else has
provided you.

It sounds like something a spoiled teenager might say, and it is
really not acceptable behavior in any open source project.

Help fix the problem instead - as you initially offered to do. That's
the very best approach! Everyone will be thankful and the world will
be a happier place.

You need to work on communication. Nobody will want anything to do
with you as long as you continue to sound like a spoiled teenager,
and once you change your communication style plenty will still
remember you for how you used to be, but you have to start somewhere.

It's simple. Stop complaining, be concrete and specific, and send
patches.

Thanks for your contributions to Gentoo, past and future!

//Peter