On Sun, 28 Aug 2016 19:28:48 +0200
"Paweł Hajdan, Jr." <phajdan...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> C. Mask chromium's system-ffmpeg flag when the dependency on
> ffmpeg-3.0.1 can't be satisfied

I'd pick this option, mostly because this is the path that introduces
the least amount of space for breaking users setups.

We've established there's a lot of problem with having system-wide
ffmpeg 3.0, so running towards that seems foolish.

Patching chromimum to not need 3.0 seems also slightly dodgy.

Though I would be ok with a compromise between C and D, where
system-ffmpeg implied the patch, but otherwise left chromium building
with its bundled ffmpeg.

Then the decision about masking USE="system-ffmpeg" depends on how
stable we expect the patch to be.

Keeping in mind that both case C and D will leave us open to a future
chromium being built with ffmpeg3, and we'll need to make sure that
transition is also smooth.

but for the sake of simplicity, I would just hardmask the useflag until
we know it will work, and then unmask it.