On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 03:46:38 +0000 (UTC)
Duncan <1i5t5.dun...@cox.net> wrote:

> Umm... you mean chromium, not firefox, correct?

Correct, mental bozo bits flipped temporarily ;)

> Either way, having to stick with an old and likely vulnerable browser
> because the new one won't build isn't a bug I'd like to have.
>
> (In fact, that's one reason I'm downloading my browser updates direct
> from upstream, now, at least firefox ebuilds can be far enough behind
> for even ~arch, that I get worried I'm risking my security due to
> browsing with an outdated browser with known flaws published for
> several days, long enough the bad guys are likely exploiting them!
> Yes, there's additional risk from running the same binary build
> everyone else is, but when it's days after the upstream update and
> security flaws notification, and there's no ~arch or even hard-masked
> ebuild for it, even in the mozilla overlay let alone in the main
> tree, on an app as security- critical as a browser...)

<offtopic>

I really wish there was a way to run ancient firefox with security
fixes :(

I've started to really draw hate for all the new stuff they're adding.

I put up with australis for a few years, but I've finally had enough of
it. ( Not merely the look and feel, but how it was implemented has
rubbed me wrong for far too long, much longer than the typical "people
hate new things" period )