On 08/31/2016 01:28 PM, Kent Fredric wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 03:46:38 +0000 (UTC)
> Duncan <1i5t5.dun...@cox.net> wrote:

..

> <offtopic>
>
> I really wish there was a way to run ancient firefox with security
> fixes :(
>
> I've started to really draw hate for all the new stuff they're adding.

You and me both, it is amazing how a project (actually both projects,
includes thunderbird as well), that were explicitly set up in order to
be lightweight alternatives to the suit are so utterly bloated
(thunderbird for some reason includes an IRC and xampp clients). It
makes security auditing horrible, introduces numberous issues on a broad
attack plane and breaks stability.

That said, little we can do about this downstream, but here is [the
thread last time I brought it up upstream]