>> Also, I wouldn't completely exclude that we need to change the
>> wording at some later point. Therefore, we may indeed consider
>> taking the DCO from the Linux source tree which is distributed
>> under the GPL-2, instead of the non-free version ("changing it is
>> not allowed") from developercertificate.org. Their wording is
>> identical except for the preamble.

> You can't change the text of a license and call it the same thing,
> which is why that wording is there (same wording is in the GPL), so
> don't think that by pointing at the one in the kernel source tree
> that changes anything...

Sure, the text shouldn't be changed without changing the name. I guess
that's common sense, because otherwise it would be confusing.

> And I would _strongly_ not recomment changing the wording without
> consulting with a license lawyer, you can mess things up really
> quickly by changing stuff.

So the DCO was devised by a license lawyer? TBH, I find it less than
optimal. It is an enumeration with all its items at equal level, but
its meaning is "I certify ((a || b || c) && d)". That is, structure
doesn't follow contents there, and at first glance the "or" (or its
absence) at the end of each item can be easily missed.

Ulrich