On Thu, Oct 27, 2016, at 09:11 CDT, Rich Freeman <ri...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> I'd think that the title of a legal document falls more under
> trademark law than copyright law.  That is why the FSF publishes the
> "GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE" and not just the "GENERAL PUBLIC
> LICENSE."  The former has far more trademark protection than the
> latter.

What?

No, this is *not* how it works.

A license text is an original piece of work that falls under copyright
protection. In this case the copyright holder is the

  »The Linux Foundation and its contributors«.

The terms of distribution are

  »Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies of this
  license document, but changing it is not allowed.«

You cannot simply copy a substantial amount of text into your work (no
matter what it is) if you do not have the right to do so.

> The Linux Foundation published a version of their DCO under the GPL,
> which we would of course abide by.

I highly doubt that, see my previous e-mail.

Best,
Matthias