On 2017-03-12 19:35, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
>> Why do Security Project members need to be ebuild devs?
>> Non ebuild developers can contribute by producing GLSAs,
>> for example.
>
> Where is that requirement stated?

I agree with Roy. That's also my reading of

>  * The applicant must have successfully completed the Gentoo Developer quiz.

I agree with that requirement for a full membership (nobody would share
not yet disclosed vulnerabilities with us if he/she can't be sure that
people who will get this information aren't part of the project. I.e.
people will assume that these people have agreed on the same things
which is part of the process).

My answer for people who aren't devs yet but want to help: Feel free to
help! There are so many ways to help/contribute. If your motivation is
just a badge your are wrong for the project.

However, this doesn't belong into a GLEP.

--
Regards,
Thomas