On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 11:19 AM, Kristian Fiskerstrand <k...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Sounds like a reasonable action plan. The consequences of such a change
> definitely seems to be sufficiently high to merit a proper migration
> plan which doesn't seem to have been established at this point. Whether
> that can be added to a later point with gcc6 (e.g by adding a new
> profile, or a later point release) I don't have strong opinions on, but
> there should be a plan and proper overview of the consequences.

Yeah, I think I agree. From the discussions so far, I think that we
should definitely aim for making pie the default for everyone (on
arches where it makes sense), but doing it in the gcc-6 now which has
seen only a short period of testing so far seems a bit hasty based on
data from the messages that I've seen in these threads so far.

Cheers,

Dirkjan