On Mon, 29 May 2017 17:33:13 +0200
Michał Górny <mgo...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Automatically solving USE constraints solve all three fore-mentioned
> issues with REQUIRED_USE. By default, no user intervention is required
> to solve USE constraints and package.use needs to be modified only to
> enforce a non-standard solutons

Overall I like the proposal, but one question: How do you envisage
automatic use-constraints interacting with --newuse?

I have this feeling that "automatically enabled" flags could somehow
have an ephemeral nature, where a flag would be enabled at build time,
and then later a subsequent change in the graph toggles the flag off,
creating a potentially undesirable rebuild.

I feel I might be imagining a problem because I might have a wire
crossed somewhere, so some sort of confirmation that I'm the insane one
and this can't happen would be reassuring :)