Il 19/02/2018 20:38, Michał Górny ha scritto:
W dniu pon, 19.02.2018 o godzinie 21∶32 +0200, użytkownik Mart Raudsepp
napisał:
On Mon, 2018-02-19 at 18:34 +0100, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
It is explained in section 8.2.4:
https://dev.gentoo.org/~ulm/pms/7-draft/pms.html#x1-800008.2.4

Maybe I missed this, but a real world use case example would be nice,
maybe someone feels a harder itch to scratch then :)

The original use case was for providers-like thingies, e.g.:

   ||= ( ffmpeg:0= libav:0= )

That said, I'd personally prefer doing that with proper USE_EXPAND
and REQUIRED_USE enforcing but this has been rejected.

So, if I understand correctly, the ||= group is an "or" that must be resolved
in the same way in the DEPEND and RDEPEND dependencies, right?

The documentation does not specify how this group interacts between different
ebuilds.
I guess there is no interaction, but just to be sure, let consider the
following corner-case example:
 - a package A has RDEPEND=||= ( ffmpeg:0= libav:0= ) while another package B
has DEPEND=ffmpeg
 - the solver choose libav to solve the dependency of the first package and
ffmpeg to solve the second, removing ffmpeg afterward
 - will package A break?

Michael Lienhardt