W dniu pią, 16.03.2018 o godzinie 12∶00 +0100, użytkownik Ulrich Mueller
napisał:
> > Ulrich Mueller <u...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > I think the conclusion is that github generates tarballs on the
> > > fly, and therefore we cannot rely on them being invariant over a
> > > long time.
> > So I would not worry too much about it: It is not worth the cost of
> > hosting a huge number of tarballs permanently
>
> I agree, because hosting tarballs of upstream packages is not a task
> for us as a distro.
>
> > (or to convince upstream to let them be hosted by github for every
> > single version, only because one cannot theoretically exclude that a
> > similar thing won't ever happen again). [...]
>
> In the first place, upstream should make proper releases, which
> includes creating a pristine tarball and permanently hosting it.
> So, yell at them if they don't. And no, a git tag is not a release.

Feel free to convince Python upstreams to include tests in their
releases. Last I tried, I heard that tests are not useful for people who
install packages, and that they would make tarballs bigger.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny