On 2020-04-19 16:37, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
> On 4/19/20 10:55 AM, Samuel Bernardo wrote:
>> Taking into account the network sandbox requirement, sbt.eclass needs to
>> download all dependencies with some approach like EGO_SUM implementation
>> in go-module.eclass[1].
>>
> EGO_SUM is not a legitimate approach to packaging. You have to create
> packages for each package. I know, it sounds crazy when you say it.

I understand what you mean, but deem this dependencies as internal
project dependencies where those libraries doesn't worth the effort to
package them all. I mean, most of these projects have an immutable
deployment approach that are not feasable to be packaged. The problem
starts from upstream...

Maybe that's the reason why docker is so popular in this cases... But to
install the base development tools and services I prefer to have ebuilds
rather than dockers.