On Tue, 2020-12-29 at 16:12 +0100, Toralf Förster wrote:
> On 12/29/20 2:57 PM, m1027 wrote:
> > - removing libressl, installing openssl, maybe wget then, followed
> >    by the rest?
> remove is sufficient b/c emerge then immediately advices a
> @preserved-rebuild - at least that's the way it works here at the
> tinderbox (in the opposite direction FWIW)

I'm not sure if you meant it but it reads as if you were talking about
removing the package.  This is incorrect.

You need to disable the USE flag and then --changed-use (or --newuse)
rebuild everything with the flag.  If the depgraph is clean, emerge
should happily trigger the rebuild along with automatic replacement of
dev-libs/libressl with dev-libs/openssl.

However, it's a good idea to run the same command with --fetchonly
first, to make sure that all distfiles are in place, in case wget got
broken in the process.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny