-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1 Hello @all, I'm new to this List and at the Moment I have some starting Problems. But first where I am: Hardware is: MPC860 (PPC) on a MBX860 (2x4MB Flash, 76MB Dram,Qspan PCI,...) I already build a powerpc-softfloat-linux-uclibc-Chain (gcc 4.1.2) with crossdev under my be-loved Gentoo. The Firmware on MBX is EPPC-Bug, but I compiled some other, f.e. Redboot,U-Boot all are in one slotted Flash. Now I try to boot a Kernel, I managed to compile a 2.4.35 and 2.6.22 with (I think) correct options for MBX, but now the Problem is, I can't boot my new Kernel and I don't see any output as soon the KERNEL/arch/ppc/boot/simple/*-routines are finished. I already tried different console= Parameter, ttyCPM0,ttyS0,..., but ttyS0 should be correct, since Dbox2 uses same CPM-Serial Driver where console is on ttyS0. It seems, that the Kernel is hanging somewhere in start_kernel() before console_init(). Any Ideas how to find/debug problematic section? Under EPPC-Bug, the Kernel is restarting the Box after some time ( 2-3min ), which lets me to the assumtion that the Kernel is not just hanging.
I'm thankfull for every hint you have for me.
Best regards,
Marcel Schmedes
Below 2 Bootlogs ( EPPC, U-Boot ):
EPPC:
EPPC-Bug>pl 20 0
Network Booting from: MPC860, Controller 20, Device 0
Loading: /embed/boot/zImage.elf
Client IP Address = 192.168.10.111
Server IP Address = 192.168.10.150
Gateway IP Address = 192.168.10.150
Subnet IP Address Mask = 255.255.255.0
Boot File Name = /embed/boot/zImage.elf
Argument File Name =
Bytes Received =&870812, Bytes Loaded =&870812
Bytes/Second =&435406, Elapsed Time =2 Second(s)
loaded at: 00014000 000B84C8
relocated to: 00400000 004A44C8
board data at: 043F4570 043F45A4
relocated to: 0040504C 00405080
zimage at: 00405F34 004A1CCE
avail ram: 004A5000 04400000
Linux/PPC load: console=ttyS0,9600
Uncompressing Linux...done.
Now booting the kernel
U-Boot:
CPU: XPC86xxxZPnnC1 at 40 MHz: 4 kB I-Cache 4 kB D-Cache
Board: MBX860EN(01-W3269F22D)
*** Warning: Low Battery Status - On-Board Battery ***
DRAM: 76 MB
FLASH: 4 MB
In: serial
Out: serial
Err: serial
Net: SCC ETHERNET
PCMCIA: No Card found
=> bootp
BOOTP broadcast 1
Using SCC ETHERNET device
TFTP from server 192.168.10.150; our IP address is 192.168.10.111
Filename '/embed/boot/uImage'.
Load address: 0x100000
Loading: #################################################################
############################################################
done
Bytes transferred = 638426 (9bdda hex)
=> bootm 100000
## Booting image at 00100000 ...
Image Name: Linux-2.6.22.6
Image Type: PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
Data Size: 638362 Bytes = 623.4 kB
Load Address: 00000000
Entry Point: 00000000
Verifying Checksum ... OK
Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK
- --
"How should I know if it works? That's what beta testers are for. I
only coded it." (Attributed to Linus Torvalds, somewhere in a posting)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (GNU/Linux)
iD8DBQFG5n85NazgWqTpLEMRAqIPAJwN35noWbMcO6pp8O9Um/YdJbhh+wCeOEyQ
xmSCFdJfsgAUuJddKCa2Qpc=
=+phw
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
0xA4E92C43.asc
Description: application/pgp-keys
