I would suggest an ARM9 based development board.  Atmel ARM9 chip based
boards are popular.   You might want to start with an embedded gentoo for
x86, to get a feel for it first.

-- 
heath holcomb
bulah.com


On 9/24/07, Jean-Marc Beaune <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I've been working with Microchip microcontrollers for some years
> developping in assembler and would like to switch to more advanced solutions
> (e.g. hosting a web interface to contrôle I/O, use TCP/IP to communicate
> with others, etc...) but still with microcontrollers because it's fast,
> light and small.
>
> I've been using Gentoo for 4 years but only on computers (desktops and
> laptops and Soekris!).
>
> I'd like to start using Gentoo embedded to see how Linux could be
> installed on a µC.
>
> My question is what kind of hardware is the best to start with for a
> newbie like me (as I never installed a Linux embedded system)?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Jean-Marc
>

Reply via email to