wireless wrote:
> Jean-Marc Beaune wrote:
>> Thanks for replies.
>>
>> Actually I only designed standalone applications based on Microchip PICs
>> i.e. without any communication over any network (except 2 PICs that
>> communicate with each other over a 433Mhz link).
> 
>> What I would like is to be able to build applications that can be
>> connected for example to internet (e.g. a board that could drive
>> the heating sytem, accesible via internet). That means I need ethernet
>> or wireless for communication and serial ports for actions.
> 
> Do you mean you want to tie in your control system to a Scada
> system across the internet?
> If so, you'll need modbusTCP and an ethernet stack to go along with
> wired or wireless ethernet, methinks...
> 
> 
> 
>> What about Gumstix?
> 
> some body else with have to answer this. I have zero experience with
> gumstix.
> 
> 
> 
> James
> 
> 
I have two Gumstix but haven't had a chance to do the Gentoo thing with
them. The last time I touched them I was still using the "native" tool
chain ("buildroot"). I'll be getting back into that in December, however.
-- 
[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list

Reply via email to