Chris I wrote:
> As I said, framebuffer, at least for me, refuses to work no matter how
> hard I try, wheras with 2.4 it worked with so little effort it was
> eerie. This, I think, is due to the fact that the radeonfb is being
> worked on (was forked) again, and something broke compatability with
> either my 7500 mobility, or the flat panel on the laptop.

I assume you have found the framebuffer information on the link below?

http://www.codemonkey.org.uk/post-halloween-2.5.txt

I had to go through a bit of trouble to get my synaptics touchpad working. It wasnt hard, it was just different than with 2.4 -- it threw it into a ps/2 compat mode, which i thought was how the device normally worked, wheras I had to change it to use a different mouse driver and protocol.

What did you do to get it working? My laptop touchpad won't work at all.