Interesting. I'm learning new stuff here. (I *really* should build myself a
new computer soon. My newest box is about 4 years old. ;-)

Does this mean that the OS can intercept you pushing the "power off" button
and do something?

- Like booting to another OS on the same computer?
- Like doing a controlled shutdown instead of just letting the computer
turn off the power?
- Like even refusing to power off?

(Makes me think of HAL9000 ;-)

Gus

                      Norberto BENSA

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>         To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                                               cc:       (bcc: Gustav
Schaffter/CDS/CG/CAPITAL)
                      25-08-2003 14:52         Subject:  Re: [gentoo-user] Power off
button
                      Please respond to

                      gentoo-user

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> (I must admit I don't have the very latest computers myself, so there may
> be some new hardware out there that I've not seen yet.)

ATX and ACPI.

Regards,
Norberto
(See attached file: attzz6m1.dat)