On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 12:14:44 +1200 Nick Rout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| > Why? Gentoo isn't the solution for everything. Sometimes a different
| > distribution does the job you want better. Catering for newbies is
| > one of those things that other distributions do better. No point
| > wasting effort trying to expand Gentoo to *that* user market...
|
| OTOH if gentoo is about choice, why not let some keen individual
| compile the mandrake (or better still SuSE) X configuration tool for
| gentoo and submit an ebuild. You might not use it Ciaran, but others
| might.

Sure, they're welcome to. It'd have to work on all supported platforms
(or at least the ones that do X) before we'd consider sticking it in the
docs or suggesting it to users, however...

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, shell tools)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm