In-lining...

Eric S. Johansson wrote:

Robert G. Hays wrote:

Here I have to -- mostly! -- agree with Eric...

nobody is perfect...

Including me!

<a couple of my credentials>

chops disclosure?
before I was injured in 1994, I spent 18 years in software development

Me: '84. Why I got into computers in the first place. Mutual commiserations, I suppose.

<several(!) of Eric's credentials>

Having said all that, I also understand, at least in part, why this is so. (Don't jump *too* hard there, Eric!)

(jump gently) does the reason involve ego?? richard sizing??

"richard sizing" ??;
Well, human nature below, anyway.....

Meanwhile I need to maek money or get evicted from my home, and between MonopolSoft and Gentoo, right now I can't do a d****thing to make money.

a classic problem for engineers over 35. I can't imagine why for the life of me anyone would choose an engineering career between the age discrimination and the almost complete disregard for historical knowledge.

having said that I'm rebuilding my consulting company (motto: unscrewing technology) after being cto for a failed startup and then failed health that almost killed me. so screw trying not to offend (all the time). life is too short.. ;-)

--- eric

(Maybe one day I'll learn to type when I am -not- writing code... *Sigh*...)
Yes, classic, and why I am in deep financial kimchee now (btw: I _do_ like kimchee, just not this particular flavor!)
Good motto! (too bad it is needed, though.)
Well, sometime you can (offend), and sometimes you really do need to. I prefer to use short circumlocutions (like above!) most of the time.

rgh.