On Fri, 13 May 2005 08:37:34 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:

> Neil said he dealt with the pain of this. I'd like to learn how to go
> about it. I have learned this morning that I probably have 5 machines
> that need to be looked after WRT this issue.

I did it manually, editing the world file to remove anything I thought I
didn't need directly, then running emerge depclean -p. If it showed up
something I wanted, I added it to the world file.

You could probably do something that used equery/qpkg to check each
package in world to see if it was a dependency of something else and
filter it out if it was.

This should do it, but it's a QAD kludge I haven't tested.

cat /var/lib/portage/world | while read p; do  [ $(qpkg -I -nc -q $p | wc -l)
-eq 2 ] && echo $p; done

--
Neil Bothwick

It's not a bug, it's tradition!