Ognjen Bezanov wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I set the portage_tmpdir in my make.conf file, and have tried emerging
>some packages. But there is a problem, because i keep getting errors no
>matter what I emerge, the error looks like this:
>
>..etc..../ebuild.sh  ./configure: /bin/sh: bad interpreter: Permission
>denied
>
>and yes, I am running as root. Anyone got any tips?

What are the permissions and ownership of the directory you are using
for portage tmpdir.  The defaults for /var/tmp are:

carcharias cdboot # ls -ld /var/tmp
drwxrwxrwt  8 root root 4096 Jun  8 18:09 /var/tmp

Note that portage runs as user 'portage' while compiling stuff, so I am
guessing the chosen directory will need to be writable by portage.

>P.S please CC me, i dont trust my email address

Ok, stupid question.  If you don't "trust" your email address, how is
cc'ing your _email address_ supposed to help?

-Richard