On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 18:46:42 -0600
Joseph <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I couldn't find the 32-bit mode feature in BIOS setting.
> Under what menu is it?

Usually associated with the IDE controller or drives.  Most newer bios' have it
set to - AUTO, which should switch it into 32-bit, aka LBA mode.  Probably
under - Integrated Peripherals.

It may also say something like - IDE Primary MASTER UDMA  Auto.

> Previously as was able to compile only few packages running for 20min
> before crashing.
> Now, I was able to keep compiling for about 2-hours before kernel panic
> showed up.
>

>From what you've said, I think it might be useful to remove the cpu heatsink
and check the state of the thermal material.  Look to see if the cpu is in full
contact with it.  The downside to doing this is the thermal material is single
use
only.  You'll need some alcohol to remove the material, after inspecting, then
some decent Thermal compound to replace it.

While it's been shown not to make a lot of difference in the short run, I tend
to prefer the Artic Silver products because they are stable over time.  The
normal
white grease drys out as do some others.  The single use thermal pads are fine
and generally work well.

Bob
-