On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 15:31 -0700, Zac Medico wrote:
> Joseph wrote:
> > [snip]
> >
> >>Maybe you just need to run fix_libtool_files.sh, which is normal after a
> >>compiler upgrade.
> >>
> >>Zac
> >

> > I don't know if that helped but it deeps running for over 20min. so
> > hopefully maybe I'll be done by Sunday.  If not I will have to take a
> > drastic measure and move to another dystro; which I don't like but don't
> > have very many options.
> >

> It shouldn't take too long, 20 minutes seems excessive.  Does it seem like
> it's doing anything?  If not do ctrl-c to kill it, then maybe run it again.
> Also, use a process manager (ps will do it) to find out what program it's
> hung up in.
>
> I like Portage so much that I'd rather use all GRP packages than go back to
> an rpm based distro.
>
> Zac

I wasn't clear, the computer runs usually for 20 to 30minus and kernel
panic comes up on the screen.  I'm still googling for some solutions and
I can only find some suggestion; no clear answer.

I think I went too fast for AMD64; I should have stayed with x86 and old
good IDE drive.
Somebody suggested: "Enabling 32 bit mode for the drives in the BIOS to
cure this problem."  I'll check my Bios the next time it will crash :-/

--
#Joseph