Am 25.07.2010 15:57, schrieb Mick:
> On Sunday 25 July 2010 09:18:33 Dale wrote:
>> Alan McKinnon wrote:

>>> It's been a long time since I used ext3 so some of this might be wrong.
>>>
>>> An fsck that takes a few seconds is using the journal, which might not
>>> uncover deeper corruption. You should try disabling the journal (I
>>> couldn't find the way to do that though), but this will also work:
>>>
>>> Boot of a LiveCD, mount your root partition somewhere using type "ext2"
>>> and fsck it. This will invalidate the journal but that's OK, it gets
>>> recreated on the next proper boot. Let the fsck finish - it will take a
>>> while on a large fs.
>>>
>>> When done, reboot as normal and see if the machine boots up properly.
>>
>> And I would stand guard to make sure housekeeping doesn't come around.
>> ;-)  Cutting power during all this wold not be good.
>
> KH, I think that this may not be related to a fs error as such.
>
> Yes, pulling the plug may have caused fs corruption.  However, more likely is
> that pulling the plug did not allow you to do something that you should have
> done after you finished upgrading to grub-0.97-r9.  The latest installation
> of
> grub asks you to reinstall in the MBR and point its root to wherever your
> /boot is.  GRUB's fs and its drivers may have changed and therefore the old
> boot loader code is looking for files that no longer exist.
>
> So you'll probably be alright again if you boot with a fresh systemrescue
> LiveCD and run grub and then root (hd....) and setup (hd0) before you quit
> and
> reboot.
>
> If that doesn't work then you most likely have a fs problem.
>
> HTH.

Hi,

I installed grub by connecting the hdd to my workstation. This did not
change anything.
Also I changed /etc/fstab . Now I have 0 0 for every partition. The pc
boots fine now. I can use it but ... There is no /dev/hd* . Running
mount /boot I get the answer /dev/hda1 does not exist. Also there is no
/dev/sd*

Any ideas?

Regards kh