Apparently, though unproven, at 00:13 on Saturday 23 October 2010, Neil
Bothwick did opine thusly:

> On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 15:52:18 -0500, Dale wrote:
> > That was what I recalled about the openrc discussion too.  It is coming
> > but just not sure when.  Me, I'm not switching until it starts getting
> > closer to that time.  It, like some of the newer versions of portage,
> > appears to be stable and is used by many people but is not marked
> > stable yet.  Both of those sort of confuse me sometimes.
>
> You're mixing two different definitions of stable. Portage 2.2 is
> certainly reliable, but it is anything but stable with a new version
> coming out every day at the moment,.

I'm waiting for tomorrow when my regularly scheduled portage update hits
_rc100.

I guess we'll see then if portage has any rollover bugs in it's version number
code or not :-)

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com