On Monday 06 June 2011 11:55:07 Tanstaafl wrote:
> On 2011-06-06 11:16 AM, Joost Roeleveld wrote:
> >> Not idea, I'll grant you, but it isn't *that* hard to do...
> >
> > If you know the different locations to change it AND realize you need to
> > restart the application for changes like these to take effect?
> > These settings should be immediately active.
>
> I didn't write the software. Wishing something a certain way doesn't
> make it so, you have to deal with things as they are.

It's still bad design.
Restarting an application when changing a config-file in a "third-party"
editor.
Yes, that makes sense.
But, when changing a setting using the GUI itself, a restart should not be
necessary.

I'm not using MS Windows where a reboot is necessary for settings to become
active.

--
Joost