john wrote:
On Sun, 12 Jun 2011 16:57:11 -0500
Dale<rdalek1...@gmail.com>  wrote:

john wrote:
On Sun, 12 Jun 2011 15:50:18 -0500
Dale<rdalek1...@gmail.com>   wrote:

Have you looked to see if that mobo has a USB problem and a BIOS
update to fix it?

Just curious.

Dale

:-)  :-)

Thanks Dale,

Good thinking. Will have a look. Did upgrade earlier in the year but
will have another look.

Since the sticks work in other systems, they SHOULD be ok.  Then it
becomes a hardware issue.  If they work in a OS then it makes me
wonder if there is something about the BIOS itself.  Maybe the BIOS
has a issue that only affects it when it is being booted from.

Just my weird thinking.

Dale

:-)  :-)
Thanks,
2.6.36 works fine
2.6.38-r6/r7 panic

Have noticed that using device drivers as modules allows
me to boot with memory stick already inserted. This previously would not
work. But the problem still occurs when stick is hot plugged.

So the issue is half solved???? At least I can access memory stick. So
thanks there.

Will try Vanilla sources tonight and report bug to lkml.

BIOS is latest standard. SO can't upgrade there

We know how hard it is to fix a flakey problem. It could be anything or it could be the half asleep geek in the chair. That last one gets me a LOT. ;-)

Dale

:-)  :-)